Whether you have been with us since the beginning, or joined us along the way, you'll probably have noticed that a lot of the pieces from our early days can still be found within today's collections. Yes, we may have tweaked the pocket placement, added a subtle detail, or developed the fit a little; but the visual codes set by those early designs are still very much present.
Alongside the Universal Works classics, we have also introduced some new shapes for Spring/Summer22 which we can guarantee will get your heart rate going.
In this week's journal, we give you a rundown of our latest design developments, including insider "fit tips" from our team, so that you can shop our new shapes online with confidence.
Look no further than the Camp Shirt for a revived summer classic, a wider fit than our other short sleeved shirts options with a Road Shirt-esq open collar, these will see you through Spring and will take on a life of their own when the longer evenings finally come around again. A shirt we think you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
* FIT TIP * - This has been designed intentionally as a wider, relaxed fit. If you are familiar with our classic Road Shirt and desire this fit, then we suggest a size down.
Named after the beautiful Portuguese city, this jacket reflects the shape of a regular Coach jacket with a snap fastening and adjustable toggles that allow you to show off a slither of your undoubtedly excellent shirt beneath; If your partner says you have too many Bakers Jackets (although is there such a thing) this is a great alternative.
* FIT TIP * - This has a shorter, boxier fit. We would recommend you buy to your normal size however size up for a more relaxed fit.
For those who are looking for a new style to add into their wardrobe; these cropped trousers are designed to be casual and loose, and allow you to show off a little ankle in the summer - no socks and shorts tan to worry about from these.
* FIT TIP * - This intentionally has a shorter trouser length than our usual trousers., which means it's also a good option for the shorter folk amongst us.
We all know how the outer layer can often be the cherry on top of the cake, the make or break of an outfit. Available in Aero Wax Cotton or Japanese Cordura; these jackets tick all the boxes. This just below hip length outer layer is never to be taken for granted- its versatility can take you through those spring downpours right through to when you need something to throw on in the cooler summer evenings to minimize that snap as the sun dips.
* FIT TIP * - This is true to size, but designed to intentionally be a slightly oversized fit.
Another new style to add to the roster for Spring Summer 22, based on the lumber pant. An elasticated waist pant with a strong taper that will bring comfort and style into your wardrobe with ease, and a personal favourite of our Broad St store manager Frankie.
* FIT TIP * - Fits true to size, fits between our Patch Mill Fatigue Pant and our Bakers Pant. (Visit AW21 trouser fit guide here). The Braga pant is also intentionally short, like Hi-Water trouser. It is a cropped Lumber Pant (therefore taper is not as 'strong’!).
This shirt is the embodiment of summer at the beach with a slightly longer line than our other summer shirting options and the best part is you don’t necessarily need to be on an island to enjoy our final new addition for the season.
* FIT TIP * - This fits similar to our Road shirt, but it's slightly longer in the body.